This is, by no means, complete. But just for fun, I’m going to type up a list of some OCD fears I have, or have had at some point in the past. A couple of these are fears that got left behind in my childhood; but I include them for the purpose of giving examples of fears that people might not expect.
- Eating popsicles, corn dogs, or anything on a wooden stick (fear of eating splinters)
- Accidentally eating/dropping and losing staples from catalogues, magazines, etc.
- Accidentally eating/touching battery acid; even on fresh, clean batteries
- Accidentally eating pesticides, or other poison; feel contamined just by looking at them
- Accidentally picking up a pair of scissors and stabbing myself every time I look at them (non-suicidal; afraid because I don’t want to do it)
As you can see, none of these have to do directly with keeping things clean or neat, but specific contaminants/hazards.